Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend

I guess it's officially the weekend since it is after midnight. It seems like I never get to bed prior to midnight anymore. This baby thing can be tough on a 40 year old.

I got my hair trimmed today (and an eyebrow wax which was a total splurge for me) and as I was looking at myself in the mirror, I was just completely taken back at how fat and old I am. It was weird. Like all of a sudden I saw myself as other people see me. Blech. After our vacation I really need to step it up a notch.

The family is still reeling from the death of Ella. We received a sympathy card in the mail today from the vet's office. I cried when I read it. The entire staff signed the card. She was such a good dog. Too bad we couldn't have had her a few more years. Deacon has been waiting for her at the door. When we take him out to go potty, he looks for her. He is confused. I miss her terribly.

We are going to see Thomas on Sunday. It's about a 2.5 hour drive, so it will be a trial run for our upcoming Disney trip. I hope the baby does okay. With all that room in the new van we should be okay.

Please pray for my friend, Karen. The news isn't good, but their faith is amazing. I heard she cut her hair but I haven't seen it yet. Karen has always had one LOOONNNGGGG braid down her back. She got it cut chin length I think. Everyone says it looks fabulous. I bet it does. She cut it in case she has to have intrathecal chemo to the brain. Let me see if I can find a photo of Karen at my baby shower.


See that braid running down the right side of her neck?

I need to get to bed. My little man will be up any minute wanting his mama.

Did I mention I need a massage??

No comments: