Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm here...

***Edited to add that when I posted about my former friend in paragraph two, I was in total agreement with her position NOT to be on the show that contacted her. They got the impression that I was being negative toward them which was totally not my point at all. She took down the post so the link doesn't work, but I am leaving it up so that this edit will make sense to those who haven't read the original post yet.**

No excuses for not blogging. We have been a wee bit busier than normal, but not so busy that I can't plop down for a few minutes and tell everyone about my day. I know y'all are just dying to hear.

Camille went riding on Tuesday AND today. From here on out she will ride every other Tuesday though. That leaves some money in the budget for piano lessons...possibly. I am looking into that right now. The girls are at the dentist for their annual check up. It's Grace's first ever visit to the dentist. I hope she does well. We usually don't take the children until they are 5 or so. It's just too scary when they are smaller than that. Josiah would freak if I took him right now.

I read this post today (took down the link because the original link was changed to some hooplah about me being unkind to them etc. And just FYI for anyone following this post, I did NOT write this paragraph thinking that she wrote her reponse to Wife Swap because she knew I was applying to be on Survivor. I know she doesn't read my blog (but some of her friends do apparantley) and I was just trying to get the point across that I do not always feel the way she feels. She is what I would LOVE to attain to but I have not gotten there, and probably never will. I am a work in progress. She has arrived. That is all.) and felt a bit crappy for applying to be on Survivor. The woman that wrote that post used to be a real close online friend of mine. We e-mailed almost everyday and I truly valued her friendship. In a nutshell, I ticked her off and she told me I was not worth the effort to be my friend. At first I was totally devastated, but the more I read her blog, the more convinced I am that the Lord did the separating. HE truly is sovereign and I believe it was for my good.

And that last paragraph reminds me of this. It is my new favorite song. I know I have pulled (and continue to pull) planks from my eye all the time.

Oh! TTOW! The hippies won the Amazing Race. I am so, so happy. Now if Taylor wins American Idol I can get through the summer alright.

I have stat counter on my blog and it lets me see where people are coming from when they visit my blog. Like, if someone does a google search it will tell me what words they used in order to get to my blog. I get a lot of "puss pockets in throat" (when Josiah was sick) and "weight watchers blinkies" but today I had a FUNNY one. It was "dana undies knee pads"! What the??? Why in the world would they click the link to MY blog?? And who in the world would do a google search for that?

I am re-reading (is that supposed to be hyphenated ello?) Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Regardless of what I believe about the Pearl's child raising techniques, this particular book has been good for me. Timely is a better word. God does that, doesn't He? There have been some terrific quotes that really hit me over the head. Wanna hear some? "You are, by nature, equipped in every way to be your man's helper." That really just hit me. I, me, Misty, am equipped in EVERY WAY to be Olaf's helper. Me. Not someone else. Me. God chose me to be Olaf's wife. That made me happy. Here is another quote regarding leading the family; "It is far better that the job be done poorly by your husband than to be done well by you." Ouch! That's all I have to say about that. Then there was this question that she asked; "If God created a special woman perfectly suited to be your husband's helper, would you be that woman?" That got me thinking as well...

Alrighty, I need to run. I have to make veggie pizza for Bible Study tonight. Have a blessed day.

No comments: