Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life...

  • I have been alive almost 45 years.
  • I have been married almost 25 of those years.
  • I cannot remember much of my life.
  • Time tends to blur things.
  • I really do not like politics.
  • They are all liars.
  • Republicans and Democrats alike. 
  • I am selfish.
  • Sometimes I want to be alone with no children and no husband and no pets.
  • If I knew then what I know now, things would be different.
  • I would never choose to parent a mentally challenged child.  
  • Because I am selfish.
  • As I get older, and closer to death, I think more about me instead of others.
  • What have I done with my life? Is it everything I want?
  • Because I am selfish.
  • But being selfish isn't a bad thing to me.  Not anymore.
  • I need to be me.  
  • Being me makes me happy.
  • For 18 years I was Olaf's wife.
  • Now I am Misty.
  • Strong.
  • Independent.
  • Self sufficient.
  • Funny.
  • Authentic.
  • Yes...transparent and authentic.

No comments: