Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our Anniversary

Today is the day. The day I married a young boy in Hesperia, California. He was barely 19 and I was barely 20 when we said I do. We didn't get married for the "right reasons" either. We simply wanted to move in together and, being in the military, we would make more money if we were married. Neither of us thought that our marriage would last more than a couple of years. And yet, here we are. We have grown up together. We have spent more of our lives together, than apart. We have been together through hard times and joyous times. Through his parent's deaths, my dad's death, as well as the glorious births of our five children. The diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome in our first born. Then his seizure that almost killed him. Olaf's pemphigus and and his promotions at Delta. Yes, it has been a wild roller coaster ride with very high highs, and very deep lows. I'm so happy he's riding this one with me. I love you, Olaf.

1 comment:

Olaf said...

I am so happy to be on this journey with you my beautiful wife! You are my best friend and I love you more and more each day!!!