Monday, December 27, 2010

My Josiah

Yesterday was my Josiah's 8th birthday. I spent the day worrying about him. He has lost about 6 pounds since the summer (August) and my mama heart is in a frenzy. He is a tall, skinny kid. In the summer he weighed about 68 pounds, and as of Christmas Day he was 62.8. That is a huge weight loss in a short period of time for a child. He is 54 inches tall which makes his BMI around 15. I have made an appointment with the pediatrician on Thursday. I don't know if she will blow me off since he weight is still "great" for an 8 year old. It's not his weight, but the weight loss that scares me. We'll see. Until then I am taking Zanax and trying not to show my concern. (It's not working.)

We went to Chuck E Cheese's yesterday for his birthday. Then he went to Target for popcorn with just Olaf and I. We were supposed to go out for dinner, but he wasn't hungry. He spent most of the day playing his new video games.



Oh, he's my only child so far that needs orthodontics. I need to make an appointment for a spacer because his mouth is too small for his big teeth.

No comments: