Saturday, July 28, 2007

Books, books, books

I told Camille that if she got an "A" on her History/Geography test that I would take her to the bookstore so she could buy some new books. Lo and behold, the child got a 94% and didn't miss one single question on the geography section. So, as promised, we all went to Books A Million today so she could load up on new books. I have written before, and will say it again, that she is a total bibliophile. Today she spent $45 of her own money on new books. She had no problem laying out the dough either. She bought Eldest, the sequel to Eragon. (Did you know the kid that wrote those books was homeschooled his whole life?) She bought four books in a new series called Warriors. It's about clans of wild cats. She bought the last two books in the Deltora Quest as well. And she's not just an action/adventure reader because she also bought The Diary of Anne Frank and The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. Whew! I'm tired just listing them all. I can't imagine reading them all. Eldest is really thick. That one will take her a week or so to read. Maybe two weeks. And speaking of reading, Grace has me amazed. I gave her this Pathway Reader and was so surprised that she can read the thing! This book would be what a First Grader would read at the end of the school year, not the beginning. She is reading words like could, Grandfather, and surprise all by herself. I am so proud of my girls.

No comments: