Sunday, November 07, 2010

Vacation and other things...


That has been a title of another post at some time or another in my blog history because it just popped up like I had typed it before. I have been blogging FOREVAH, so yeah...chances are good that I've repeated myself more than once.

We just got back from a two week vacation to Disney World. We stayed at the fabulous Animal Kingdom Kidani Village which is, by far, my favorite resort that we have ever stayed at on Disney property. I am so, so, so happy we bought into the Disney Vacation Club two years ago. It has been a fabulous experience. We are planning on going to the new Hawaiian resort, Aulani, for our 25th wedding anniversary in January 2013. We will renew our vows in the presence of our five children. (Just like Claire and Phil from Modern Family!) I think it will be a fun trip for all of us. We will spend a few days in LA at Disneyland, then fly from LA to Honululu for six nights.

Camille has been accepted as a Student Ambassador in the People to People program. She will be traveling to Japan next summer if she can raise the needed funds. She is super excited about it and, as much as it scares me, I think it will be a fabulous experience for her. It will also look good on a college application. If anyone is reading this and would like to help Camille get to Japan, checks can be made out to "People to People" and sent to our address. The cost of the trip is $8,000 (which is a lot, I know) but the things she will get to experience is unparalleled. Camille is becoming quite the young woman and maturing at lightning speed. She must have inherited her Omi's boobs, because they are way bigger than mine! That also scares me as Olaf's mother died of breast cancer at the age of 50. I am thinking I may have the BRCA test done on my girls. I want them to know if they are at risk. Gosh, I hate cancer.

The weather right now is GOR-GEOUS! Oh my word. It is sunny and cool and couldn't be any more fabulous-er! My (29th) birthday is Tuesday and I am so thankful for this beautiful weather. Especially since we were in the second level of hell for most of our Disney trip. Really! Upper 90's in November?? For real??

I think it is time to potty train Simon seeing that he is pushing FOUR! Oh my, he is spoiled rotten. I love him so much though. He looks just like Cami when she was little. There will be no more Jorek children, so I am waiting for grandbabies!!

Now, off to reset my iPhone to see if it will work better! Nothing like wiping out technology to see if it will improve its function!





No comments: