Thursday, November 11, 2010

Let's see, let's see, let's see...

You have to say that title really fast and like an African American. You know, like Bon Qui Qui, while patting your hair. I love me some Bon Qui Qui. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you can click here.

OK, so I just turned 43 years old. Forty-three!! How awesome is that? Life is so fleeting and my children are growing up so fast. I am so happy that I have lived this long. I think about my friends who never made it to 43. My friend, Karen Isherwood who passed away from breast cancer at the age of 36 I believe. Then there is Nattie Pie who died of stomach cancer at the ripe old age of 34 and left behind two precious children. Just think if Karen and Nattie would have lived to 43. That would have been several more years with their young children. It's not fair, but it is what it is. I will never understand why two women, who loved the Lord, were taken in the prime of their life. Why God would allow seven children (five of Karen's and two of Nattie's) to live forever without a mother. It's easier for me to think that HE had nothing to do with it. I'm sure the theological buffs out there are cringing, but I prefer to think of it as a cosmic mistake and HE, the ONE who GIVES life, wouldn't be so cruel and callous to end it much too short. That gives me comfort, so I will believe it.

Changing subjects...way changing subjects... I love Bombay Sapphire Gin.

Today is Veteran's Day. I am a veteran and proud of that. I served in the United States Air Force for four years. Olaf was deployed during Operation Dessert Shield to Bahrain for a few months. We served during a conflict and we know what it is like to work 12 hour days/7 days a week for months on end. Am I grateful that Olaf now works for Delta? You betcha! But, I would recommend the Air Force for any young person who doesn't know which direction to take out of high school. It is a great place to mature and find a career field that suits you. If we would have stayed in, we could have retired at 39 years old!

(So proud of myself for blogging!)











No comments: