Saturday, November 15, 2008

We're home and all is well

I don't want to be home. I want to be where the sun warms the sky. When it's time for siesta you watch them go by. Beautiful faces, no cares in this world
Where a girl loves a boy, and a boy loves a girl. Hee hee. That's Madonna lyrics in case you didn't know.

Olaf goes back to work on Monday. I am sure he will be overwhelmed with all that has transpired since he has been on vacation. The merge between Delta and Northwest is now official and the process of integration begins. We just hope and pray that he still has a job when it's all said and done. You just never know for sure.

The children will start back to school on Monday. They have had over two weeks off and we need to get back into the groove. I need to work with Josiah on his special sounds and get him reading proficiently in the next few months. He will be six the day after Christmas after all. He is so tall for his age. This child has to be at least 4 feet tall with a HUGE foot. He weighs 48 pounds soaking wet though. He is almost as tall as Grace and she weighs 60 pounds.

Simon has a well visit with the pediatrician on Wednesday. He hasn't been for a well visit since he was 6 months old. I choose not to vaccinate on the recommended schedule and he has not had one vaccine yet; however I think I will get the Tetanus shot this time. No Pertussis though. Just the Tetanus and Diphtheria. Most people get the DTP for their children which is all three viruses in one vaccine. Grace and Josiah have only had the Tetanus shot so far but I am thinking of getting the Chicken Pox shot as well for them. I kind of hoped they would get Chicken Pox by now, but they haven't.

Hopefully I can get another Disney Blog up soon. I will work on it this weekend.

No comments: