Saturday, June 08, 2013

Roma!

We arrived this morning in Italy. I traveled First Class and poor Olaf sat waaay back in coach. I slept about an hour on the plane, even though the seats reclined to a full flat position. After a car ride to the hotel, we walked to the Borghese Gardens just a few blocks away. We rented a rickshaw for an hour and tooled around the park. Then back to the hotel to see if our room was ready. After a quick shower, we walked to The Spanish Steps but it was so hot outside. I was sweating like crazy. Came back to the hotel and I took an hour nap. Then we went to a local restaurant and had a very nice dinner. I had lasagna and Olaf had a calzone. The house wine was excellent. We also had tiramisu and espresso. Now it's almost 9:00 pm and we are tired. Tomorrow we have a full day tour of Rome and we are super excited!!

No comments: