Friday, June 03, 2005

Olaf had his stress test done today. The doctor called and said his heart is 100% healthy. Praise the Lord! He took Caleb to get his blood drawn today. He needed his seizure med level checked since they increased his dose. Caleb hasn't had a seizure for 1.5 years now. Praise the Lord again! In not so good news, our pediatrician is leaving. Her husband has accepted a new position out of state and they are moving. She is such an awesome doctor and I hate the thought of having to see someone else. Bummer...

Karen is seeing a second oncologist today. She saw one on Tuesday and this is her second opinion. I think she is leaning toward chemo as she has an appointment to get all of her cut off. Karen has LONG hair. Probably down to her bottom. She always wears it in a long braid down her back. I told her that if she wanted someone to shave their head with her, I'd do it! And I totally mean it. I think I'd look hot bald!:)

Today I had the most wonderful sandwich from here. I had the Coney Island Gyro and it was so fattening and SO yummy!

My right tonsil and lymph node are really infected. I started antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully that will alleviate the infection. I'm not sure why it is only my right tonsil but it may have something to do with my dental work. Maybe a piece of something (tooth, chemical crap etc) got lodged on my tonsil and infected it??? Who knows? Now I'll get a yeast infection from the antibiotics. Fun!

Have a great weekend everyone! It has been raining here all week and I think more rain is expected over the weekend. Yuck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Misty, Praise the Lord all is well with your hubby and son. I will pray for your friend. It's rainy here too.....Have a good rest of the day!

Cheri said...

(((Hugs)))feel better soon. I hope the weather clears for yall this weekend. Thank you again my friend for making my birthday week special. :)

Anonymous said...

My Mom got the same good news after her stress test. SUCH A RELIEF!

Stephanie said...

So glad for the good news on hubby! Hope you feel better - REST!!

Anonymous said...

Praising God for the good news about your husband and son. Prayers for your friend. It's been raining here all week too, but hopefully we will see the sun next week. lots of love, mari

Charity said...

Oh, Misty, what an answer to prayer that Olaf's heart is healthy, but is he still having pain? I hope your tonsils get better soon. Sorry you're feeling yucky. As usual, it was SUCH an incredible blessing to see you on Thursday night. I love you, you're awesome. :)