Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Type A Personality

You know what I don't like about Thanksgiving and Christmas? You can't go anywhere even if you want to. I know some grocery stores are open and, of course, the movie theater...but if I got a hankering to go shopping...ain't happening. For some reason that gives me an uneasy feeling inside. 99% of the time I never leave my house. My days are spent at home and I am content with that. In the back of my mind I know I could leave and go somewhere if I wanted to though. But on Thanksgiving and Christmas, just knowing it's not available is enough to drive me nuts. CONTROL FREAK! That would be me. I know a lot of you are thinking "just relax" but that is literally impossible for me. Unless of course someone gave me some narcotics. I guess it doesn't help that we do not have any family to spend the holiday with. The older I get the more I wish things were different for the sake of my children. I really wish they had a grandparent. Just one... However, this is my cup. It's time to get the big girl panties on and deal with it.

I think I may have felt a little flutter tonight. Not sure if it was the baby or gas. Maybe both.

Olaf and I watched Season Two of The Office. If you don't watch that TV show, you really need to. It is hilarious. It's on Thursdays at 8:30 pm on NBC. Flippin' hilarious. Rent Season One and Season Two to get to know the characters. It's not necessary, but it will make Thursdays even better.

We started some Christmas shopping for the children. I can't say what we bought as Camille sometimes reads my blog. Caleb is the hardest to buy for. He has the brain of a four year old in an adult (fat) body. He likes some children's toys but he breaks them. He likes some age appropriate toys but he doesn't understand them. (For example computer games) It is really hard to buy things for him. He has so many balls because that is what we always end up buying. Footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, basketballs, volleyballs...you name it. He also likes guns and swords and we have a bazillion of those as well. He wants a motorcycle. Yes, a real one. Ummm...I don't think so. We'll probably buy him another scooter although he exceeds the max weight limit on all of them. This will be his third or fourth scooter. He breaks them.

Olaf is in bed. He isn't feeling well. It's going to be a LONG weekend.

No comments: