Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday and waiting for Survivor

Yes, it is the finale of Survivor tonight. That means for two hours I will be plopped mindlessly in front of the TV seeing who is going to win the million bucks. I know you super spiritual people will be closing out my blog now. I do the same thing. I make judgment calls all the time. One blog in particular. She writes about things that she does or things she enjoys and I think to myself, "How in the world can you reconcile that to your life in Christ?" And here I am watching the epitome of reality TV. First remove the log from your own eye, then you will be better suited to remove the splinter from your sister's. (That is my interpretation. The MIV. Misty Inspired Version.)

I worked out today. Saturday was a rest day, so I really needed to do some sort of workout today. I love my transFIRMer and still haven't seen the infomercial for it. I really want to see it because Carla is in it. I joined the Firm Believers Club on their website and have gotten to know a lot of the gals that were on that last infomercial. If anyone catches it and can tape it for me, I'd pay you!:)

We are heading to Disney World next May. A woman we don't even know is graciously giving us a week at a timeshare in Orlando. The cost will be about $200 for the entire week. Can you say Hallelujah? Otherwise it would not be possible. Disney tickets are so expensive and we have four children to buy for! We will be going the first week of May if it works out with the timeshare. Is timeshare one or two words? I don't know. The plan is to use our tax refund to pay for the trip next year. It should be fun. We may go to Sea World too. I used to have a friend whose husband works for Anheuser-Busch and got free tickets to Sea World. However, she is not my friend anymore so no free tickets for us!:) She ended the friendship btw. She said I was "more of a burden" than she could handle. Yeah, that's a true friend! I'm not bitter! LOL!

I really want some Ben & Jerry's that is in the freezer. I think it is calling my name. "Misty, Misty...you're a Chunky Monkey. Come eat me!"

4 comments:

Cheri said...

ROTFLOL...We have Chunky Monkey and New York Super Fudge Chunk Ben and Jerry's in our freezer now. I picked them up for Donald. I'm a Karamel Sutra or Oatmeal Cookie Chunk girl myself. ;)

SO cool about Disney. What a blessing about the timeshare. And yes the prices are outrageous. We've been saving and setting aside for our 10 yr anniversary trip, but thankfully we're doing it on a cash basis so no debt! Wooty. oh and check out www.disboards.com...all manner of information there!

And you ain't a burden my friend. Or as the old song goes (with a bit o' changing from the lyrics changer...cheri) She ain't heavy, she's my Sister! (and she'll be heavier if she eats the chunky monkey ...bwhahahahahahahaah)

We have to chat soon.

Enjoy your show, I'll be reading my Greek New Testament and memorizing Psalms. ROTFLOL...so.totally.kidding.

love you!

Amy Jo said...

oh, I am sooooo guilty of judging. Especially where my SIL/BIL are concerned.

And trust me, lol, I have NO room to judge because I do all kinds of things that are not God-pleasing! ~Love, Amy Jo

Anonymous said...

More of a burden?? What the...
*shakes head* Oh well, that's just more time you get to spend with us. Probably not all *that* comforting... I personally think you rock!! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

HI Misty, that is so wonderful about Disney World! How exciting! Have a great Monday!!